Educators do you need new ways to inspire students? Are you looking to find ways to teach with some cross-curricular integrations? Need a break from the everyday routine?
ActOUT! is your solution!
Join us for an experience you and your students won’t soon forget!
Bring us to your classroom for personalized workshops in drama or dance.
Or if you are coming to see us at the theatre we can come to you before the show to share some choreography, songs and characterizations.
What is actOUT!?
ActOUT! is a GREAT opportunity for the shiest children and youth right through to the drama kings/queen’s of the Waterloo region.
Believe | Belong | Become
We are a nurturing team that helps participants BELIEVE in themselves and provide a space for students to BELONG while exploring their curiosity of the theatrical arts. Our professional team brings kids out of their shells, finds positive use for the abundant energy of youth and guides children to BECOME individuals.
With a healthy dose of self esteem we provide lifelong skills in a safe, supportive and nurturing environment.
ActOUT! is where children and youth TAKE THE LEAD!
Through classes, workshops, performanaces, full scale productions and our March Break and Summer Camps we’ve got things covered for the theatrical arts!
What does actOUT! offer today’s educators?
ActOUT! produces 3-4 productions per year incorporating children and youth from 5-17 years of age. These productions are professionally done, high-quality, exciting and affordable opportunities to expose students to live theatre and the arts.
- Are typically 1.5-2 hours in length
- Are produced in accessible theatres
- Are performed solely by children and youth at impressive standards
- Are fully costumed and produced with sets, props, lights and sound for the full live theatre experience professionally executed!
- Provide a Curriculum Connections package to teachers to help explore and relate topics connected to the performance. If the subject is Science, Math, Music, Art, Social Studies or language we have the connection!
Affordable reduced rate tickets for schools and homeschooling groups – TEACHERS attend FREE! – presented in Waterloo Regional theatres each December, late February and May!
ActOUT! also offers a free post-show talk back and Q&A session with our actors, directors and desingers. A behind the scenes look at our team for your school audience team.
This is a perfect opportunity for student audiences to:
- Provide comment and questions
- Discover how we did tricks in the show
- Learn how the actors studied their lines/accents/history around a character
- Be inspired to explore the arts themselves.
- And pull the curtian back behind the scenes to learn all about theatrical performance
It is also a great opportunity for our actors & audiences to progress in their public speaking skills by having to think on the spot and provide clear questions/responses.
We charge schools $5 per student and volunteer ticket to keep it affordable, but to also offer schools room to add some quick fundraising. If schools wish to raise the ticket price a bit, actOUT! will only invoice you for the $5.00! BOOK TODAY!
**For a nominal fee team members at actOUT! may also be available to bring Drama & Dance Workshops either connected to a show you are seeing or in general to your classroom! We are also expanding into creating workshops for teachers who need some ideas, are terrified teaching dance or drama – we want to help!
Please contact Todd Vercoe – Artistic Director for availability and more information email@example.com
Our upcoming shows include:
- Peter Pan, by James Mathew Barrie. (May 17th-20th, 2017 at the Registry Theatre, Kitchener Ontario)
- Disney’s Beauty and The Beast Jr., book by Linda Woolverton, music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Howard Ashman and Tim Rice. (June 7th-10th, 2017 at the Cambridge Arts Theatre, Cambridge Ontario)
- Alice in Wonderland, adapted by Joy Soltys based on the novel by Lewis Carroll, music by Frank Garofalo. (June 7th-10th, 2017 at the Cambridge Arts Theatre, Cambridge Ontario) Serving as an opening show for Beauty and the Beast Jr.