Spring and Fall School Tours
Belluz Farms is very excited to offer our local schools fun and educational Farm Tours. Our School Tour Coordinator is Sally Devries and together with owner Jodi Belluz, B.A., B.Ed, she is more than happy to accommodate any special requests. Also now available are Intermediate/Senior Tours which we think your students will really enjoy. Take a trip out to our farm and make your Geography and Science Units come alive! As usual, all of our school tours are accompanied by a Resource Package which includes a curriculum based unit, reminders to parents, and farm safety rules to review with your class.
Primary School Tours
Our goal is to create a fun opportunity for children to learn about the fruits and vegetables they love to eat and how they are grown. If you’ve never been on a field trip to our farm, we hope you’ll try us this season! School Tour Program Includes:
- A Unit Plan, that has been created to specifically fulfill objectives from the New Curriculum. This unit is full of lesson plans and activities. If all lessons are utilized, the unit will take approximately one week to complete.
- In our Agri-Classroom, we will take a hands-on approach to learning about bees, pollination and the fruits and vegetables we grow (main focus on strawberries!) We’ll also visit our greenhouse to see strawberries ready to pick!
- We’ll take a Tour into our fields! How many verses of “Old McDonald” can you remember?
Students will have time to enjoy our Straw Jump, Straw Tunnel & Giant Sandbox in the Play Area
Intermediate & Senior School Tours
Our goal is to create an educational experience that allows your Social Studies and Science units to come alive! Our New Tour targets curriculum objectives from the following areas: Patterns in Physical Geography, Natural Resources (Social Studies), Ecosystems (Science) Human Geography, Water Use (Social Studies), Plant Biology – cells, tissues, organisms (Science) Fall Tour Program Includes:
- A Unit Plan which specifically addresses objectives from the New Curriculum. If all lessons are utilized, this unit will taken approximately 1 week to complete. Completion of the unit is strictly complementary to the tour.
- A Hands-On Lesson in our Agri-Classroom where we’ll explore pollination, plant growth, and the role of ecosystems.
- A Hike to our Amethyst and Slate Mines where we’ll discover the geological key to the settlement of Slate River Valley.
- A tour of our fields in various stages of production
Each student will take home a strawberry plant to see if they can grow their own strawberries!
Farm: (807) 475-5181 Email: Talk to the Growers! Belluz Family Don, Claire, Kevin, Jodi and the kids