Soli & Rob are touring their new musical show: Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Soli tries to help Rob overcome his fear of bugs. Can she do it, before they come face to face with the Bungalow Bugs? Find out, in this spectacular adventure all about the insect world.
This original production blends musical theatre and puppet stage puppetry to create an interactive learning experience that is fun for elementary students from Kindergarten to Grade 3. The performances and the activities in the study guide enhance both the “Understanding Life Systems” and “Drama” expectations from the Ontario Curriculum.
“Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!” is a 45 minute program that features an original soundtrack, a versatile fabric set and puppets designed by internationally acclaimed puppet maker Ivan Pavlov.
Creators Soli & Rob share a passion for performing to young audiences. The creative collaboration, now spanning over 12 years, came about as the duo, also a couple, combined Rob’s experience in songwriting with Soli’s background in theatre and puppetry. The result is a rare live show that mixes music, humour and puppetry in a way that is truly mesmerizing to children and their families.
Past winners of the City Parent Readers’ Choice Awards, Soli & Rob have a knack for putting on that rare show that leaves adults and kids smiling for the same reason – it’s great entertainment.
We bring our production to your school’s gymnasium, cafeteria, library or auditorium anywhere in Southern Ontario.
Rates in the Greater Toronto Area:
- 1 show: $480 + HST
- 2 shows on the same day: $840 + HST
- Please add mileage costs outside of the GTA.
15? x 15? indoor staging area, AC outlet, & 40 minutes setup & tear down time required. Soli & Rob will bring, set up, operate and tear down their own P.A. system – No production support required.
- Apply the creative process to dramatic play and process drama, using the elements and conventions of drama to communicate feelings, ideas, and stories.
- Apply the critical analysis process to communicate feelings, ideas, and understandings in response to a variety of drama works and experiences.
EL-K: D1.1, D2.1, D3.1, D4.1 (Drama & Dance)
PRIM: B1.1, B1.2, B2.1, B2.2, B2.3
Understanding Life Systems:
- Assess ways in which bugs have an impact on society and the environment, and ways in which humans have an impact upon bugs and the places where they live.
- Investigate similarities and differences in the characteristics of various bugs.
- Demonstrate an understanding that bugs grow and change and have distinct characteristics.
EL-K: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 3.1, 3.2 (Science & Technology)
PRIM: 1.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, 3.1, 3.2, 3.6
8 words and concepts that the students will learn from the “Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!” experience:
1. Ecology, 2. Metamorphosis, 3. Pollination, 4. Food Chain, 5. Honeycomb, 6. Role, 7. Improvisation, 8. Phobia