Is YOUR school looking for an EXCITING, CREATIVE and ENGAGING experience as real life ROCK STARS? Calling all future stars in Grades 3-8!
Inspiring students to bring out their inner rock star, MySchoolROCKS develops strategies for positive mental health, personal wellness, resiliency and positive relationships. Music and Wellness R.O.C.K.S will energize your class as they learn the fundamentals of guitar, piano, drums, sound mixing and mental mindfulness (no music experience is necessary). Our professional instructors engage with your students showcasing contemporary songs to highlight the 5 key elements of our R.O.C.K.SHOPS methodology:
Respect your peers
Open up to meaningful friendships
Confidence (build it, show it and use it)
Kindness is the way
Stand up to help those in need and make a difference
IDEAL for GRADES 3-8, Music and Wellness R.O.C.K.S includes:
- FULL DAY or Artists in Residence Opportunities
- All Workshops begin with mindfulness exercises that help participants feel focused and Centred * Student "Carousel" Rotation Sessions
- We Can Facilitate Up To 30 Students At One Time (20 student minimum)
* Direct Instruction By OUR STAFF -Watch your students shine or join along!
* Ministry of Education Based Music Curriculum Supported by Best Practices in Youth Wellness and SEL
NO MUSIC EXPERIENCE NECESSARY--Musical experience GUARANTEED!
Music & Wellness R.O.C.K.S Workshops:
- Building on RespectED from the Canadian Red Cross, and best practices in social emotional learning (SEL), students learn to recognize and respond to negative situations in constructive ways
- Students learn through immersion with our acronym R.O.C.K.S--Respect, Open Up, Confidence, Kindness & Stand Up
- Your class will cover smart strategies that they can use right away to develop growth mindsets, resiliency and conflict resolution
Grades: Junior/Intermediate (Gr. 3-8-up to 30 students)
Cost for full day in-class workshop (student resource booklet included): $375
(*Great opportunity for School Council Funding)
Artists in Residence Experience: MySchoolROCKS would love to be a weekly energizer in your classroom--enriching your music programing over a 5 week residency. Please inquire for availability and cost at 647 285 2657.
Looking for a School Assembly Idea With a Powerful Message?
- Bring out your community's aspiring rock stars as the MySchoolROCKS BAND performs a high octane assembly for your entire school
- Celebrate community spirit as MySchoolROCKS energizes your students with messages that promote empathy, co-operation and inclusivity
- Students and teachers are invited to join our award winning musicians on stage for an unforgettable LIVE performance!
Professional Appearance Fee: $550 (No HST) (*Great opportunity for School Council Funding)
Why MySchoolROCKS Music and Mindfulness?
MySchoolROCKS is a registered Canadian charity (#787689520 RR0001) dedicated to helping youth embrace Awareness, Education & Inspiration through music! Our program: R.O.C.K.S, aims to initiate positive dialogue in school communities and mentor students by helping them improve interpersonal skills through strategies for success. Founded by a group of dedicated artists and educators, MySchoolROCKS envisions transformational change with young people reaching their full potential through the synergy of musical performance and mental wellness programs**